Professional Year/SMIPA Programs
- ACS Professional Year (Australian Computer Society Professional Year)
- SMIPA Programs (Skilled Migration Internship Program for Accountants)
What are the programs?
Programs are aimed to assist you gain a career with your chosen profession in Australia. It will also allow participants to receive an additional 10 points towards permanent residence. The Professional Year/SMIPA Programs have been designed, under Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) guidelines.
Furthermore, the aims of the Programs prepare you for work in an Australian company and give you skills to be a successful employee. The program and its content have been determined in consultation with the professional bodies and companies which have identified the skills and experiences they want their employees to have.
What professions are covered by the Professional Year Programs?
There are three occupations nominated by the government for this program. They are Computer Science which covers a broad range of ICT Professions; Accounting and Engineering (is expected to be gazette soon).
The Computer Science Professional Year is under the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and the SMIPA Program is a joint project between CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants and National Institute of Accountants.
- You must hold the Skilled (Residence) Visa Class VC - Subclass 485 or
- You have applied for the Skilled (Residence) Visa Class VC - Subclass 485, and waiting for the DIAC to make the decision. Bridging Visa A will be granted while you are waiting.
To qualify for the Skilled Graduate Visa – Subclass 485*, you need…..
- Completion of a higher education program in Australia (undergraduate or post graduate award in the relevant field, in a course that provides two years credit points over a minimum of 18 months).
- Evidences of minimum of IELST 6.0 of all four each components (writing, reading, speaking and listening).
* Full details can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/485/eligibility-study.htm
Would you like to gain employment experience in your chosen industry?
If yes, why not join a Professional Year Program with us. The program offers you a great range of benefits including,
Please contact us for further information.
- Enhance your career prospects
- Add value to your CV
- Employment services at the completion of the Program
- Gain Professional Year Certificate
- Get to understand the Australian workplace
- Develop practical work skills
- Available in CBD locations